Sunday 10 May 2009

Research practices

Research- Desire
For my Desire research I looked into nature, pattern and surface i took photographs at the Forbidden Corner in Layburn. This was a magical, mysterious sort of place that was great for shape, colour and pattern inspiration.
Pictures of the Forbidden Corner




















Delicacy
For delicacy i looked into delicate flowers and butterfly wings. I also looked into past collections by Vivenne Tam and Alexander Mcqueen, this is due to having oversized floral and butterfly prints.




Viviene Tam inspiration







Alexander McQueen



Development
I then went onto my development in which i learned how to construct fabric on the stand in different ways. I focused on top stitched knife pleats and handmade roses.



Design development
I focused on strong oversized designs for my designs in which i chose my final one from this.
Final design
My final design included top stitched knife pleats, handmade roses, pin tucks, crossed back and frayed edges. I linked my research together by adding a feminmen sheer style calico with pin tucks with a rough frayed edge,this links the two words desire and delicacy together.





No comments:

Post a Comment