Monday 15 November 2010

The second year

Cool Hunting
I first started out by choosing a theme in which I chose Hyperrealism outdoors. For this I based my Cool Hunting photography in and around Scarborough seaside resort. I looked into unique patterns, beaches, beach huts, surfboards and textures.
From this I looked into fabrics and textures, a lot had a stripe theme to fit in with the style of the beach. I also added in chiffons, silks and linens as I wanted it to have a classy theme to fit in with my French Connection collection.
The images show photographs i have taken in and around Scarborough.



















Cool hunting stylish people
I then went onto taking photographs of stylish people at festivals and on the beach. I captured the trends that fitted in with Spring/ Summer trends.
I throughly enjoyed this part as it gave me the chance to actualy see what people were wearing, it also showed me what was popular in fashion and bang on trend.
Photographs of stylish people




Designing a spring/ summer collection for French Connection
I then went onto designing my own collection for French Connection, i linked in my research and created a swimwear theme. I used bright and bold colours. For my fabrics i used lycra, i also used a range of printed chiffon's to create layers and textures. This was to look classy aswel as been a practical garment. Two one piece sets were reversable which is great for a new look.
I learnt alot of new illustrator skills from designing my collection, as i have never used this program before i found it a extremerly usful program to make my work look professional. I did not use illustrator for my final line up but i shall keep this in mind for next time.
My final line up


My Trend Book I based my trend book on a 1940's swimwear theme using bright stripes and spots. I also embroidered the book throughout. I included fabrics, colour schemes, siluettes, style and samples.
Pictures of my trend book and other samples of my work











Drawings included in my work


Overall
Starting the second year with the project ‘Cool Hunting’ was extremely inspiring to me looking for new and original places to get inspiration for garment shapes. I chose a seaside theme which inspired me to design a spring/ summer collection for French Connection in which a lot of the garments where based on swimwear.
Designing a trend book from this was one of my most enjoyable aspects of the project and also of the two years throughout Uni. I felt that I could be more creative and add textiles into my book. I enjoy embroidery and printing, as this project was a great change to show my skills.
I felt that I had to add a lot of fabric and colour into the project so therefore added a lot of bright, cute, floral prints into the theme. Also adding into this I added a formal side with pastel shades of chiffon, silk and linen.
I felt pleased with my overall project as I feel that I put quite a lot of work into the final result and presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment